The individual will be joining the European Fixed Income team at Franklin Templeton and will work closely with all areas of the investment desk, comprising Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Traders and ESG analysts.
Your responsibilities as Int Fixed Income Research Analyst:
- Portfolio Construction and Surveillance.
- Conduct detailed daily reviews of portfolio exposures to ensure consistency and appropriateness.
- Monitor ESG scores of portfolio, and carbon metrics using proprietary models.
- Ensure investment guidelines and operational compliance for assigned accounts.
- Trading Activity Utilise portfolio management tools, including trading platforms and Bloomberg on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of trades for daily maintenance purposes, correction of guideline breaches, hedge rolls, account transitions and strategic moves.
- Liaise with compliance to resolve pre- and post-trade issues.
- Markets and Strategy Attend internal investment meetings and develop knowledge and understanding of investment thinking, strategies and positioning across the firm.
- Provide market colour, research and analysis to Portfolio Managers and other colleagues as required.
- Propose trades to exploit cross-currency valuation discrepancies and curve opportunities, etc.
- Client Related Requests Prepare information for portfolio managers for client presentations.
- Account Transitions Ensure full awareness of client cash-flows and account transition activity.
- Process Improvement Actively suggest process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce errors.
- Specify IT requests to enhance systems and reporting.
- Test new system versions and functionality.